Let’s work together to stay healthy!
- Practice social distancing of at least 6 feet
- Use hand sanitizer
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, & mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- Wash your hands often with soap & water for at least 20 seconds
- Face coverings are optional
- The Museum will continue to use timed-entry ticketing, but with a lower capacity limit and additional queue lines.
- The number of hand sanitizing stations throughout the Museum have been increased.
- Additional staff will be performing increased cleaning and sanitizing of high-touch area throughout the Museum.
The Museum will continue to take all reasonable precautions in the public and private spaces of the Museum, as your well-being and the well-being of our staff and volunteers is of paramount importance to us. With many hundreds of daily visitors to the Cook Museum we will use our best efforts to provide a safe and sanitary experience for all visitors, but we can make no guarantee as to the absolute absence of COVID-19 at the facility.
In addition to our regular thorough cleaning routine, we will continue increased cleaning measures in heavily trafficked areas such as bathrooms, elevators, railings, doorknobs, door handles, hand railings, the admissions desks, café counters and tables and other high-touch parts of the Exhibits. Hand sanitizer dispensers will continue to be readily available throughout the building and inside the Exhibits, and we will continue to increase the number of hand sanitizer dispensers in high-trafficked areas.
If you have any questions about group reservations you have made at the Museum in relation to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), please contact our Group Sales Department at 256-898-6312.
In response to the unexpected closure of the Museum during the COVID-19 shutdown, all active Memberships purchased from May 2019 through March 2020 have been extended 4 months beyond their original renewal date. (Example: If your Membership renewal date was set for the end of January 2021, it will now be due for renewal at the end of May 2021 instead.)