HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday: 9 am – 5 pm
Tuesday: 9 am – 5 pm
Wednesday: 9 am – 5 pm
Thursday: 9 am – 5 pm
Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
We will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and Easter.
We will be open on New Years Day.
See this page for more details about our reopening guidelines.
Age 3 to 14
2 & Under
With military ID
15 or more
|$17 for Adult|
$13 for Child
*Prices do not include tax.
WHERE TO FIND US
133 4th Ave NE
Decatur, AL 35601
WHERE TO PARK
133 4th Ave NE (adjacent to the Museum)
Secondary parking #1:
429 Holly St NE
Secondary parking #2:
431 Holly St NE
Secondary parking #3:
510 Cherry St NE
In the Cook Museum of Natural Science, you’ll be able to experience nature up-close through interactive exhibits and hands-on activities that will keep the entire family engaged! You’ll leave amazed, excited, and inspired by the natural world.
Here are a few highlights:
- Immersive cave experience
- Live animals, including: baby alligators, turtles, snakes, insects, jellyfish, fresh and saltwater fish, and more
- 15,000-gallon saltwater aquarium
- Forests exhibit gallery with a tree you can climb up through the inside of and a rope bridge you can cross to a squirrel’s nest high up in a tree
- Hands-on interactive activities including a kinetic sand table, a digital seashell generator, and a meteorite from outer space
...and much, much more!
Click here to see our Exhibits.
We are looking for volunteers! Visit our volunteer page to see all available positions. When you see an opportunity you’re interested in, click the “Proceed to Application” link at the bottom of the page. Thanks for your interest and support!
To help share the amazing life around us, we seek to provide the public with a rich and diverse resource of natural science specimens that encourage discussion, teaching, and curiosity.
If you would like for us to consider an item you own for donation, please visit our Collections page to learn more about that process!
To see our current openings and apply, go to our careers page. We will review applications and respond to qualified applicants. Please no solicitations, as we will not accept resumes in-person.